Call Us:
1323 Cherokee Road
Florence, SC 29501

Vacant Homes

Homes can become vacant for many reasons. Maybe you moved out but haven’t sold the property yet, or maybe it’s under renovation.

Whatever the cause, Kinghorn Insurance Agency understands and has coverage options for you.

Vacant Home Insurance

Kinghorn Insurance Agency, Vacant Home PoliciesThe words “vacant home” can have a pretty negative connotation. You probably picture a decrepit house with boarded up windows in a dilapidated area that no one would touch with a 39 ?” pole.

In reality, nice, normal homes go vacant every day.

Occasionally, people may buy an empty house to fix it up and flip it, or own a rental property that’s between tenants. For the most part though, people tend to leave their houses vacant after they move to a new home, and wait for their old place to sell.

Houses go vacant for other reasons too. Maybe you:

  • Got ownership of a home in an estate or will
  • Moved out of your home while it’s being renovated
  • Left on a sabbatical or extended trip

What do you do with a vacant house?

Kinghorn Insurance Agency, Vacant Home Policies Kinghorn BeaufortWhatever the reason, if you own a house that’s empty for a period of time, your Homeowners insurance might limit coverage. Most standard Homeowners policies include “vacancy,” “neglect” or “abandonment” exclusions, which means they can deny claims or drop your coverage if you leave your house vacant for a while.

Because vacant homes pose different risk characteristics, they’re considered a separate category for insurers, mostly because:

  • They don’t receive regular maintenance and attention, and can get damaged easily
  • They can attract thieves and vandals
  • They’re attractive to trespassers and even kids who could get hurt

There’s a solution

Vacant Home insurance exists to cover you if you have to leave a home empty (for whatever reason). It’s Specialty Home insurance designed to cover the things most vacant homes and homeowners have to deal with, like damages, vandalism, and liability issues.

While your standard Homeowners insurance doesn’t fit the bill if you don’t live there anymore, consider Vacant Home insurance to cover the house you leave behind.

Interested in Vacant Home insurance? Talk to a Kinghorn Insurance Agency agent today and find out how you can get the coverage you want.

Contact a Kinghorn Insurance Agency Agent today at 843.713.3911 or 843.837.3911!


  • You cannot bind, alter, cancel or change coverage by email or voicemail.
  • You must speak with an authorized representative of Kinghorn Insurance Agency, LLC.
  • In case of an emergency, please dial 911.